HR Boards
April 18, 2014, 04:15:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the latest PREVIEWS!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FEAR ITSELF  (Read 2222 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« on: May 08, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »

So issue #2 dropped this week, and not a peep on issue #1?

I read both, and for a Thor-centric event, I quite like it.  Thor standing up to Odin, and unable to wield his hammer to strike against him is pretty cool.

Always did like Stuart Immonen's artwork.  What's got Odin all scared that he's calling for a regroup?  This Serpent "All-Father" fellow a dirty little secret that Odin wish to remain hidden?  And the buildup of fear throughout the world in the background is pretty cool.  At the end of #2, the Avengers are still sitting on their laurels....

"The Worthy" are gathering slowly.....can't wait for events to unfold further, and for the all out battle between the Avengers/Asgardians and the Serpent with his Worthy.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »

Skipping everything you wrote to tell ya I have read nothing of this mini yet. Will drop back in once I get through my books.
 Cool

Poirot: The question is, can Hercule Poirot possibly be wrong?
Mrs Lorrimer: No one can always be right.
Poirot: But I am! Always I am right. It is so invariable it startles me.

Hercule Poirot (Cards On The Table - Agatha Christie)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »

Have you caught up Perry?

Just read #2 and I'm liking it so far...lots of questions and slowly building momentum.  Not sure I trust Odin tho.

Stuarts rocking the art too.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 07:12:38 PM »

I like it too.  It's raining hammers!

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 06:30:06 AM »

Have you caught up Perry?

Yes, I am there. Though sadly my issue will not arrive until the first of next month. It sucks when I switch over to monthly shipping and the two books I REALLY wanted to read come out right after my monthly shipment. Makes me wait an entire month to get the two books I really wanted.
 Angry

But ...  Smiley

As you will see in the MOON KNIGHT thread, I jumped in my LCS to to pick up a few things and decided to read a few issues that I already have coming. Not really a 'Byrne steal" as I did pay for and do have them coming my way (Wonder what you call that?) ... anyway ...

I am totally pissed. Not at the book, but at me. I totally missed the 'Migard Serpent" aspect to this new 'All Father' when I read issue 1. He even wanted to be called the Serpent for christ's sake and it still went over my head. But now I see that is what/who he is... or at least in representation. The way way that green energy circled the world at the end of issue 2, just like the Midgard Serpent.

Now, of course, I may be off here and that is not who he is, because Thor just went through the Ragnorock (or however you spell it  Cheesy) and it my idea doesn't tie into the serpent being called all-father (as in the myth, Odin did banish him to Midgard, so Odin was around longer. Not to mention that I think the Migard Serpent is a son of Loki), but there are ways around that I suppose.

Who knows. I see the connection, even though I may be off by a mile.
 Cheesy

Not a fan of Sin becoming the second in command as she did though. Seems a bit out of her 'realm'. I prefer her as crazy 'joker' style bad-ass as opposed to 'godly' bad-ass

Still, really enjoying it so far and loved the Juggernaut showing how the RAFT, once again, is not a great  prison.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »

Coming out tomorrow - June 1st!

Fear Itself #3

Written by MATT FRACTION Penciled by STUART IMMONEN Cover by STEVE McNIVEN Variant Cover by STUART IMMONEN Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI The blockbuster Marvel event of the year continues! Sin leads the most audacious attack on American soil the world has ever seen as global panic sets in and we fall sway to the power of fear itself. On Asgard, Loki hatches the scheme to end all schemes. And everywhere, the Serpent's presence is felt...never moreso than when a major Marvel hero falls at his hands. The shock ending to end all shock endings...as the cycle of evil stretching millennia is at last completed. 32 PGS./Rated T+ Cover price $3.99.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »

Not much activity on this thread....is it safe to assume that this series has peaked in interest?

I just finished issue #4, and to me, this miniseries just  isn't going anywhere special. Lots of big talk by all the main players, Odin, and the Serpent...but nothing has really unfolded.  Just more buildup for what can easily be surmised is the big face-off in issue #7.

I'm gonna take Stark's lead from this issue, and have a drink from a bottle.....might ease the sore disappointment with this miniseries as a whole. Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »

I find this to be one of the most boring and pointless "events" to come along in a long time. Seems like it could have just been a Thor arc.
 Undecided

And the Tony "thing" ... I don't think I have ever witnessed a more forced "action".

Fraction can write his butt of, I know it. His Thor mini's (one shots) he did were some of the best comics I have read, but his current Thor and this is ... just weak as hell.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 05:09:42 PM »

I find this to be one of the most boring and pointless "events" to come along in a long time. Seems like it could have just been a Thor arc.
 Undecided

And the Tony "thing" ... I don't think I have ever witnessed a more forced "action".

Fraction can write his butt of, I know it. His Thor mini's (one shots) he did were some of the best comics I have read, but his current Thor and this is ... just weak as hell.

His X-Men aren't much better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS