The Binge List

Started by Gay Titan, May 15, 2024, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Titan

I wasn't sure how to create a new header under the Entertainment section. This isn't the NFL or the NHL.

Finished:
1. X-Men '97 - Season 1
2. Barefoot Contessa - Seasons 18 & 19... I love a good cooking show with cocktails.
3. Bridgerton - Season 3, part 1
4. Mary & George... WOW!!! Quite an ending. There will not be a season 2.

Currently watching:
1. NCIS Hawai'i - Season 3... just got cancelled. BOO!!!!
2. CSI Vegas - Season 3... Ditto
3. 9-1-1 Season 7 - Giving it a try. Never watched 1-6.
4. Dr. Who - Season 1... I know there are previous seasons and Doctors, but Disney+ is calling it Season 1 for them.

Waiting For/Hasn't Started Yet
1. Sandman - Season 2

Perry

Quote from: Gay Titan on May 15, 2024, 07:12 PMDr. Who - Season 1... I know there are previous seasons and Doctors, but Disney+ is calling it Season 1 for them.

I get calling the Eccleston Doctor "Season One" as it had been about 15 years since the original series was dropped, but to go from Jodie Whittaker in just two short years (or David Tennent if you go that route in 2023) and not just call it series 14 is... I don't know.

But then again, maybe they are starting all the way over and this is the "first" doctor?

I don't know as I am not watching it (I stopped on the second year of Capaldi's run) and I have no desire to anymore. 
It was always a tad CW like  ;D, but with Tennant and Smith (and Russell as showrunner and Gaitis at the helm) it was a damn fine show. It rapidly went south when they started pushing Russell out however.

Sad, as I think the writing with Capaldi (and from what I hear, Jodie Whittaker) was pretty... weak, and both "Doctors" were pushed to be the blame. Stars being stars and all
 :-\  

Gay Titan

Gotta say that I am enjoying this season/series. LOVE the British vibe and even the way it's filmed is a welcomed changed. I have seen random episodes of Tennant and not a fan. I haven't seen the female Dr. Who in action but I am sure it's on YouTube if I looked.

Perry

Quote from: Gay Titan on May 16, 2024, 01:25 PMI have seen random episodes of Tennant and not a fan.

:o

;) :)

While I was a big fan of the original Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker), mainly due to me growing up with him on PBS (I also did go back and catch more of the other, original run Doctors), I will say, for me, Tennant was THE best one out there.

I still do enjoy Baker (my doc #2 now) and of course I found the stories from Doctor #11 Matt Smith to be some of the best written episodes ever (and he was another great one ... my doc #3 ;D ), but now I think I can only ever go backwards when it comes to Who now. I sadly have no desire to watch this new run. Capaldi (an actor I do really like) killed it for me.

I do often think about going back to Baker's run and start watching everything from there, but "who" knows.

Jeff

I loved both Tennant and Smiths run.  Smith edges out as my favorite just because the storylines were so good.  Loved the side characters too, especially Karen Gillen as his companion and the whole River storyline coming full circle.

Gay Titan

Quote from: Perry on May 15, 2024, 08:43 PM
Quote from: Gay Titan on May 15, 2024, 07:12 PMDr. Who - Season 1... I know there are previous seasons and Doctors, but Disney+ is calling it Season 1 for them.

I get calling the Eccleston Doctor "Season One" as it had been about 15 years since the original series was dropped, but to go from Jodie Whittaker in just two short years (or David Tennent if you go that route in 2023) and not just call it series 14 is... I don't know.

But then again, maybe they are starting all the way over and this is the "first" doctor?

I don't know as I am not watching it (I stopped on the second year of Capaldi's run) and I have no desire to anymore.
It was always a tad CW like  ;D, but with Tennant and Smith (and Russell as showrunner and Gaitis at the helm) it was a damn fine show. It rapidly went south when they started pushing Russell out however.

Sad, as I think the writing with Capaldi (and from what I hear, Jodie Whittaker) was pretty... weak, and both "Doctors" were pushed to be the blame. Stars being stars and all
 :-\ 

I loved Baker as the Doctor. I watched him as a kid when my grandmother would babysit. She said he was handsome. LOL.

Jeff

Finally had time to update my list.  I've made a lot of progress.

Finished: 
1. Fargo - Season 4 - Excellent season!  1940's story starring Chris Rock and Jason Schwartzmann. There was so much going on they had to add an extra episode to get it all in. Loved the crazy nurse and Jessie Buckley did an amazing job portraying her. Big thumbs up for this one.

2. Fargo - Season 5 - Another great season.  Loved seeing Keeley from Ted Lasso as a bad ass.  Jon Hamm is a great villain as well.

3. Resident Alien- Season 3 - this started out horrible and got really "CW" like.  Probably won't stick around for a season 4.

4. Invincible - Season 2 - finally finished this.  It wound up ending decently but having a break in the middle of a season that is only 8 episodes almost lost my interest.

5. Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon - Season 1 - This was unexpectedly really good!  I hope they make more of these mini seasons.  Having Daryl in France was a nice expansion of the Walking Dead universe. The new characters were very interesting as well. 

Currently Watching
1. Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live - on episode 1 of 6

Haven't Started:
Disney Plus
1. Star Wars: Clone Wars - Seasons 7 - On episode 1 of 12
2. Ahsoka- Season 1 - On episode 1 of 8
Hulu
1. Castle Rock - Season 1 & 2 - 10 episodes each
2. Shoresy Season 2 - 6 episodes
3. Letterkenny - Season 12 - 6 episodes
Netflix
1. Midnight Mass - 7 episodes