August 2024 Solicitations

Started by Gay Titan, May 22, 2024, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Titan

More Absolute Power stuff and I am really excited about the Zero Hour 30th Anniversary Special!

https://www.gamesradar.com/comics/dc-comics/dc-comics-august-2024-solicitations-covers/

Jeff

I'm getting interested in the Absolute Power stuff now after seeing some of these covers.  Will definitely get the issues that crossover into my normal pulls. 
And this title as well:
ABSOLUTE POWER: TASK FORCE VII #4
ABSOLUTE POWER: TASK FORCE VII #5 - Can't miss a Flash issue

But I'm most excited about....
JENNY SPARKS #1 by TOM KING - TOM KING WRITING JENNY SPARKS! I AM SO ONBOARD AND EXCITED FOR THIS!!

Also will likely add:
ZERO HOUR 30TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1 - yeah this looks fun.
DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL: ALLWINTER #2 - I enjoyed the fist series, might as well give this a try

Normal pull stuff I'm still getting:
GREEN LANTERN #14
BATMAN: OFF-WORLD #6
BATMAN/SUPERMAN: WORLD'S FINEST #30 - most likely will jump back on now that the imp story is done.
THE FLASH #12
GREEN LANTERN: WAR JOURNAL #12
GREEN ARROW #15
JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #12 - Final issue
THE NICE HOUSE BY THE SEA #2 - sequel to Nice House on the Lake
JOHN CONSTANTINE, HELLBLAZER: DEAD IN AMERICA #8

Perry

For me, I am for sure reading:

Absolute Power #2
Batman #151
Batman: Dark Age #5
Superman #17
Action Comics #1068
World's Finest #30
Green Lantern #14
GL: War Journal #12
JSA #12 (Todd Nauck!!)
Constantine: Dead in America #8
Jenny Sparks #1 - Very interested in seeing if this is a past story or if King figured out a good way to bring the spirit of the last century back. As I am not reading the solicit, no spoilers for me, I will find out in a few months... hopefully 
 :)

And possibly reading these, depending on if I enjoyed the first issue or if I like what I see when I open them:

World War V - I mean, Vampires, so I will try again (didn't enjoy the last try, but hey, I'm willing)
Dark Knights of Steel: Allwinter - I don't know. Going back to the well too much? Or too soon? Or just right? I will see
Gotham by Gaslight - Again, depends on the first issue or so
Zatanna - Hope this is good
Zero Hour 30th - May check this out, but not reading the solicit to see if I want to ;D  I do wonder however if DC is going to start bringing older stories back to the forefront as well? I'm cool with it for sure, if they do. Maybe it says so in the solicits?
;D ;D

And waiting on the trade for this one because I learned my lesson the last time:

Nice House by the Sea
;)