Weekly Reader, July 1

Started by Jeff, Jul 01, 2024, 07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've been on vacation this past week and didn't get as much reading done as I wanted. Apparently the DC app doesn't work in France!  Carrying some over and adding new stuff.  Hopefully I'll get through them all, especially with the wrap up of the Krakoan era of the X-Men.

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men Forever 3
X-Men Forever 4
Fall of the House of X 5
G.O.D.S. 6
Incredible Hulk 10
X-Men 35
Rise of the Powers of X 5 
Wolverine 50
Ultimate Spider-Man 3

DC Universe Ultra
Batman: Dark Age #3
Green Arrow 12
Power Girl 9
The Flash 9
The Penguin 10
Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes 245
Superboy & the Legion of Super-Heroes 246

Hoopla
Conan the Barbarian Vol 2: Thrice Marked for Death (Collects issues 5-8)

———————————————————————————————

Gay Titan

I was on vacation as well. Sadly, not France, but I did swim in the ocean.
I will be pulling double duty and get last week's book with this week's haul.

Perry

Marvel Unlimited
Rise of Powers #5
X-Men #35

GODS #6
Ultimate Spider-Man #3
Wolverine #50
Hulk #10
Avengers (1975) #142
Avengers (1975) #143
Avengers (1975) #144

DC Universe Ultra
Legion of Super-Heroes (1978) #245

Hoopla
I will find out soon! Hahaha

Avengers - Fun, Fun, Fun. Pure and simple. Crazy 70's writing, but still has a pretty cool, and hate to say it again; cool story, made this a joy for me. Yeah, just wonderful stuff. Other than that inking problem  :-\

Rise and X-Men - Read them both, enjoyed Rise a tad more, but sadly, I think this has me less excited for the upcoming X stuff. I'm still going to get the two "main" titles (Uncanny and 'adjective-less") and will try Wolverine (more excited for the art, but hope I glom onto the writing) but think I am out on the others 

Perry

Was only able to knock out one more last night. Starting slower than I did last week when I had so many has me a little worried about this week's list. Haha
;D

Also, as Avengers has me more in the mood for older books, I am going to try a big one. Big for me at least. Not only in scope (lots of issues) but also because it is Superman based (has never been a strong pull for me), and scarier still... the run started in the 90's (which is ALWAYS a frightful time for me to go). Luckily this starts in the early part of the 90's (1995 was when things got truly frightening I believe) and I do enjoy the art style of the first artist, so we will see how I fare. So yes, I'm starting the much beloved "Triangle Era" this week.
I hope
;D

EDIT - Whoops, forgot to add the only new title from DC this week (Batman) in my original post

Marvel Unlimited
Rise of Powers #5
X-Men #35

GODS #6
Ultimate Spider-Man #3
Wolverine #50
Hulk #10
Avengers (1975) #142
Avengers (1975) #143
Avengers (1975) #144

DC Universe Ultra
Batman #148
Legion of Super-Heroes (1978) #245
Superman (1991) #51 <--- ADDED

Hoopla
I will find out soon!

Wolverine - It was as expected. Nothing terrible, but sadly nothing grand. I did enjoy the sign-off page by Percy though. Also enjoyed the art from the preview of the upcoming Wolverine series, but I knew already I would enjoy that... it is the upcoming writer on that series that troubles me. Hoping for the best however.